Enjoy your summerhouse or log cabin all year round
If your summerhouse or log cabin is used as a living area, we advise you to insulate it. You could use your summerhouse as a garden office, fitness area, extra living room or holiday home. Insulation allows you to enjoy your summerhouse or log cabin in the colder months too. Regardless of how you are going to use it or the weather conditions in your region, we can offer a range of suitable insulation systems.
Insulation systems supplied directly
Of course you can insulate your summerhouse yourself. But if you’d like your summerhouse insulated upon delivery, by a professional, you can choose from our range of insulation systems. For example, you could choose floor insulation, so that you can feel the warmth of the wood on your bare feet. Or do you want roof insulation to keep rising, warm air within the confines of your summerhouse? You could also opt for wall insulation, which is especially useful if you will be using a heater. Of course, you can also combine different insulation types. All Lugarde windows and doors come with double glazing as standard. This makes our summerhouses and log cabins ideal for extra insulation.
The properties of our various insulation systems are set out below:
- 4 cm thick insulation panels (60 x 120 cm)
- Heat conducting capacity (Lambda value of 0.027 W/m)
- Simple to install
- Environmentally-friendly materials, CE certified, with FM approval
- Panels are made of non-fibrous PIR hard foam with mineral glass fibre on two sides
- The asphalt nails are used to secure the insulation between the shingles and the roof panelling
- In the case of flat roofs, insulation can be installed on the inside instead of the outside. If you want to secure it on the inside, you can order an extra wooden ceiling to finish it all off
- This consists of thermal plates (60 × 120 cm) 4 cm thick
- The panels are placed between the pressure-treated floorbeams
- The thermal panels fit perfectly between the floor rails and provide optimum insulation
- Extra inner wall made up of 19 mm thick wall panels that slide together easily due to a tongue and groove shape
- Pressure-treated beams are secured to the walls. The special attachment clips for the beams (supplied) allow the external walls to move independently of the internal walls
- Damp-proof foil
- Top quality insulation 3 cm thick
Are you thinking of using your garden building all year round? Take a look through our range of summerhouses and log cabins and discover more about our construction systems to find the ideal garden building!