Is your summerhouse burglarproof? Or would you like to make it more secure? Whether you use your summerhouse as a storage area for your gardening tools, a bike shed or a home office, it’s important to keep your property safe from burglars. Would you like to improve the security of your summerhouse, but don’t know where to start?
Here are our top tips for preventing burglaries
- Door locks One of the first things you need to do when securing your garden house is to install quality door and window locks. Bear in mind that doors aren’t the only way that burglars can break into your property. So you should always make sure you lock both doors and windows before leaving your summerhouse. It’s also a good idea to visit your local locksmith for advice on how to choose the best locks for your summerhouse!
- Lighting To surprise the would-be thieves, decorate your garden with outdoor motion-sensing lights! Outdoor lighting can make your garden look beautiful at night as well as making it safer, deterring a burglar from committing the crime. We advise you to install lighting fixtures at the entrance to your garden, as well as near your summerhouse.
- Fencing When it comes to burglar-proof property, a fence is a great addition to your garden. Fencing not only provides you with more privacy but also enhances the security of your property. It’s as simple as that – it’s more difficult to break into a property with a fence, as well as to escape from it.
- Keep your valuables out of sight Burglars are always looking for an easy target. Make sure you keep your valuables out of sight in your summerhouse. If you are using your summerhouse as a home office, don’t leave your laptop or other office equipment on the table when you leave. The last thing you want to do is create an easy target!
- Outdoor security cameras To keep your summerhouse safe from burglars, consider installing outdoor security cameras. Outdoor security cameras are excellent both for deterring and detecting a crime. When buying outdoor security cameras for your property, remember to choose cameras with night vision!
Are you ready to make your summerhouse more secure? Or have you thought about buying a new summerhouse? Look at our summerhouses and log cabins.
Did you like this blog? Sign up to our free monthly newsletter and you will receive blogs like this one every month!